This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do I do if the link on my password reset email for instagram in invalid?
02-18-2014, 03:27 AM
What do I do if the link on my password reset email for instagram in invalid?
Here is the backstory, so on Saturday I wanted to reset my instagram password. After I did that it said thanks, *username*) But that was not my username. I was curious so I logged into that account using the new username and it was a blank account. I didn't know what was going on so then I tried logging in to my account. It wasn't allowing me to. I tried everything but it did not work. When I got the password reset emails and I clicked the link it said it was and invalid link. So then when I went to the main reset password page they said Thanks! please check w**************2@yahoo.com. That wasn't even my email account. My instagram account was not deactivated because my sister checked my account and it was still there. I am worried I was hacked or someone got the email and changed my password to something I don't know. The help center has no answers and instagram is not replying to ANY of my emails or phone calls (i found their number) I am desperate! I really want my account back please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 03:30 AM

It does indeed sound like someone took over your account. After this point, you cannot get it back. Instagram has a horrible reputation for not caring about its users. Completely unlike Facebook. Once Facebook bought it, they removed the support emails and replaced them with little help pages.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply