Twitist Forums
Why am I getting an advert on Yahoo stuff? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Why am I getting an advert on Yahoo stuff? (/thread-98253.html)

Why am I getting an advert on Yahoo stuff? - Daisy - 02-19-2014 12:33 PM

I just clicked in here and a big pink ad came flashing on for T-Mobile. I have AdBlock Plus.....

The reason I don't use the Yahoo mail anymore is because of ads running across the inbox mail.
HORRIBLE !!

- Roxy - 02-19-2014 12:36 PM

because yahoo is to big and control itself and those annoying ads will be the final nail in the coffin ,on facebook now I only see ads on the right side ,and guess what ? I read them! any ads in my news feed I report as spam,any jumping out at me ads ,I go elsewhere.Ad block does seem to have it's limitations.

- House Maid - 02-19-2014 12:44 PM

Yahoo and co are too big.

Oh, well... the Bigger They Are ....!

- Cal Picklehead - 02-19-2014 12:54 PM

I started to us AdBlockPlus at your suggestion, Daisy. And it's worked just fine for me. But I very rarely go into Yahoo these days. I just did and got no such ads, if that helps at all. That company (T-Mobile) must have found a way around the wall, I guess, and if THEY did, others are bound to follow. Such is the internet, I guess. AdBlockPlus has worked very well, especially when watching something on YouTube, so I thank you for the heads up.

- Ladybuggram - 02-19-2014 12:57 PM

Yahoo is getting too big for their britches as we use to say in the old days. ;-). When I go to read my e mail now, an ad will slide down over what I am reading. It is an annoyance, but I click on the x and away it goes. On facebook, the ads are on the side and sometimes my finger accidentally (on this iPad) taps on an ad, and then I have to tap the x or back space. I wonder how many people actually buy from the ads. Ah well, with facebook, I don't mind so much because I enjoy my friends over there and if it takes ads to pay for the privilege of being there, I don't mind so much. Ads in my mail are like getting those unwanted telemarketers on the telephone. We got on the no call list,but still get a few calls. I would like to read my mail without annoying ads.

- Madairplane499 - 02-19-2014 01:06 PM

I have adblocker also and do not see any of that stuff even in my inbox, you must of click on something, download adblocker again and see if that will work.

- Bert Weidemeier - 02-19-2014 01:10 PM

T-Mobile has the technology and is smart enough to bypass the wall.

- Tigger - 02-19-2014 01:12 PM

That happened to me when using firefox so I deleted it and went with something else.
Oh shoot I forgot about that email change ... I got to delete the other one.

edit ... well, it was already deleted ... I think I'm losing it...

- RoHo - 02-19-2014 01:13 PM

I also tried your adblocker advice and it screwed my pc up.[a 6 month old Dell]
Flashplayer and some other things didn't work right. Had to do a recovery to get
things back on course.

- RB - 02-19-2014 01:14 PM

Daisy,
Since I switched to Add Block Plus I haven't had any adds. I was having an error signing into mail, so I restarted my computer. Maybe you need to do a restart (I just hibernate mine most of the time).