This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I getting an advert on Yahoo stuff?
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Why am I getting an advert on Yahoo stuff?
I just clicked in here and a big pink ad came flashing on for T-Mobile. I have AdBlock Plus.....

The reason I don't use the Yahoo mail anymore is because of ads running across the inbox mail.
HORRIBLE !!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

because yahoo is to big and control itself and those annoying ads will be the final nail in the coffin ,on facebook now I only see ads on the right side ,and guess what ? I read them! any ads in my news feed I report as spam,any jumping out at me ads ,I go elsewhere.Ad block does seem to have it's limitations.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

Yahoo and co are too big.

Oh, well... the Bigger They Are ....!
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

I started to us AdBlockPlus at your suggestion, Daisy. And it's worked just fine for me. But I very rarely go into Yahoo these days. I just did and got no such ads, if that helps at all. That company (T-Mobile) must have found a way around the wall, I guess, and if THEY did, others are bound to follow. Such is the internet, I guess. AdBlockPlus has worked very well, especially when watching something on YouTube, so I thank you for the heads up.
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Yahoo is getting too big for their britches as we use to say in the old days. ;-). When I go to read my e mail now, an ad will slide down over what I am reading. It is an annoyance, but I click on the x and away it goes. On facebook, the ads are on the side and sometimes my finger accidentally (on this iPad) taps on an ad, and then I have to tap the x or back space. I wonder how many people actually buy from the ads. Ah well, with facebook, I don't mind so much because I enjoy my friends over there and if it takes ads to pay for the privilege of being there, I don't mind so much. Ads in my mail are like getting those unwanted telemarketers on the telephone. We got on the no call list,but still get a few calls. I would like to read my mail without annoying ads.
02-19-2014, 01:06 PM

I have adblocker also and do not see any of that stuff even in my inbox, you must of click on something, download adblocker again and see if that will work.
02-19-2014, 01:10 PM

T-Mobile has the technology and is smart enough to bypass the wall.
02-19-2014, 01:12 PM

That happened to me when using firefox so I deleted it and went with something else.
Oh shoot I forgot about that email change ... I got to delete the other one.

edit ... well, it was already deleted ... I think I'm losing it...
02-19-2014, 01:13 PM

I also tried your adblocker advice and it screwed my pc up.[a 6 month old Dell]
Flashplayer and some other things didn't work right. Had to do a recovery to get
things back on course.
02-19-2014, 01:14 PM

Daisy,
Since I switched to Add Block Plus I haven't had any adds. I was having an error signing into mail, so I restarted my computer. Maybe you need to do a restart (I just hibernate mine most of the time).