Twitist Forums
Is my facebook profile private? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Is my facebook profile private? (/thread-99031.html)

Is my facebook profile private? - voicelesspencil075 - 02-19-2014 12:38 PM

I'm getting confused, somebody whom i am not friends with on facebook told me they could see my wall, info and photo's and then another said they couldn't... I don't understand!! Thankyou.. Http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1156931374 I think this is right

- Jen - 02-19-2014 12:45 PM

It's private when I look at it. Try checking your privacy settings.. there's an option that lets networks, friends of friends, ect. look at your profile, so you might wanna tweak those settings.

- Jackiee♥ - 02-19-2014 12:47 PM

private for me

Hes probably jsut making it up or he went on a friends account

xx

- Joe M. - 02-19-2014 12:56 PM

Hello MJ!

Going under the premise that I cut-and-pasted the URL you provided correctly, your profile is showing up as private with the following message:

"People who aren't friends with Maryjane see only some of her profile information. If you know Maryjane personally, add her as a friend."

You can double-check this yourself, using another computer on which you are not logged-into Facebook (FB); or try using another browser on your current computer.

Genarally-speaking; on FB, "private usually means 'private'", but given the generally and chronic sloppy nature of their code, perhaps there was some hiccup that allowed a "friend of a friend" to be able to see your wall. However--more than likely, you probably should check your privacy settings.

Make sure that your privacy settings are adjusted so that "friends only" can see your wall; because if you have is set to "friends of friends"; that could be the culprit. Any friend of a friend will be able to see your wall, in that case.

It's better to have your privacy settings sett to "max" and then loosen them; than to have them set too open, and then have to tigthen-them up.

Hope this helps clarify things.