This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my facebook profile private?
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Is my facebook profile private?
I'm getting confused, somebody whom i am not friends with on facebook told me they could see my wall, info and photo's and then another said they couldn't... I don't understand!! Thankyou.. Http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1156931374 I think this is right

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

It's private when I look at it. Try checking your privacy settings.. there's an option that lets networks, friends of friends, ect. look at your profile, so you might wanna tweak those settings.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

private for me

Hes probably jsut making it up or he went on a friends account

xx
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Hello MJ!

Going under the premise that I cut-and-pasted the URL you provided correctly, your profile is showing up as private with the following message:

"People who aren't friends with Maryjane see only some of her profile information. If you know Maryjane personally, add her as a friend."

You can double-check this yourself, using another computer on which you are not logged-into Facebook (FB); or try using another browser on your current computer.

Genarally-speaking; on FB, "private usually means 'private'", but given the generally and chronic sloppy nature of their code, perhaps there was some hiccup that allowed a "friend of a friend" to be able to see your wall. However--more than likely, you probably should check your privacy settings.

Make sure that your privacy settings are adjusted so that "friends only" can see your wall; because if you have is set to "friends of friends"; that could be the culprit. Any friend of a friend will be able to see your wall, in that case.

It's better to have your privacy settings sett to "max" and then loosen them; than to have them set too open, and then have to tigthen-them up.

Hope this helps clarify things.