Twitist Forums
Why do people use career-oriented social networking sites? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why do people use career-oriented social networking sites? (/thread-9909.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- gottaloveit - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

You know this is a ridiculous questions so aptly asked by an online recruitment company!!!!! Please seek - if you want me to use your service give me a better question! Like say, would you like to have your photo included with your resume when applying for jobs on seek?

- vickii - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

Can U answer me why most of us join communities in orkut.
Coz this respected communities provide us with more information which we needed. So forums and blogs are helpfull.
http://www.itsfree.uni.cc/

- deafeningvest638 - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

To keep track of my friends even if I am at home all the time.

- Boby G - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

People with the same career often find common grounds. it is actually fun to socialize with the people who work in the same field.

- Abul K - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

no.. they dnt..
Orkut is nt career oriented...but I dnt like it...

It given u complex abt profession.. u become jealous of others etc..

- mmounier2 - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

it is so easy to use what you know works to secure information needed at the moment

- l_fidelius_graecus - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

Because a lot of people feel like social sites that aren't career oriented are too trashy with irrelevant or fake stuff. That's the reason some people choose facebook over myspace. I prefer myspace because of it's emphasis on music which I'm interested in and prefer my career networking via email or in person.

- debozki - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

On the one hand, it is to have proximity to people of like minds, backgrounds and aspirations.

On the other hand, it is to position oneself for better opportunities.

- joehardy423 - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

I think it is a way to keep in touch with your long lost friends in the comfort and convenience of your own home.

- manoj v - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

job is important in peoples life. Its better to get more connection among the employees as well as unemployed, though they can find out more job opportunities as well as some other solution like starting a new small business to earn bucks.