Twitist Forums
Why do people use career-oriented social networking sites? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why do people use career-oriented social networking sites? (/thread-9909.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Indra - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

Everyone is so busy and are moving further away as we get older - it's just become easier to keep in touch with all my friends through websites.

- blue_zoo22 - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

Its not what you know, its who you know. Almost every job I have had I have got from friends referring me to the role. I have been on seek for 6 years, and found only one job from it, of which I left after one week. Career orientated social networking sites lets me keep in touch with people that I would normally only see once per year, hence making iit even easier to keep myself in the workforce.

- Terryc - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

What specifically is a career orientated SN site?

I lurk in various SN sites largely hoping that they will actually become useful.

Each seems to offer various combinations of SN activities from jobs(careers?), contracts, Q&A, social events, to sex.

None do it well.

Most do not maintain their focus and loose track.

Currently, many have too few members to be anyway useful

Things I look for are;
jobs,
contracts,
maintaining contacts,
following moves,
techical assistance,
mentoring,
chances to expand network (none off this really)

- Kavita - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

because all these pepole are connected to all over World and find to perfect job

- mestapho_2000 - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

My company uses them to generate sales leads.

- atomzer0 - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

I think people use the sites because they hope/believe that it will benefit there career. I think the better question would be...

"How have career oriented social networking sites furthered your career or improved your life?"

Actually, I think I will ask that question here on Yahoo Answers. Feel free to look for it.

- BOY - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

b

- Hoopla - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

Perhaps everyone uses a social network sometime. Some people do social networking as a hobby, to keep in touch, or just to make friends. There are many different social networking sites for different things. YouTube for videos, Bebo for profiles, and MySpace for friends. There are many different reason to join social networking sites. Some people may consider Yahoo and social networking site since you can talk to friends online and have a profile.

- kamran_dotnet - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

Search on internet i'm sure you find it.

- Shelbz - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

no clue