Twitist Forums
Why do people use career-oriented social networking sites? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why do people use career-oriented social networking sites? (/thread-9909.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- PIRATE - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

heeheehee!!!!!!

- comrad Z - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

tats how v open the world n learn things n share more lik v do in here..

- free_mason01 - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

A network of folks all have something in common: careers. Many are experienced former execs, doctors, nurses and lay-people. A career-minded network is kinda like living on campus while going to college: it enhances the academic environment resulting in a more focused and prepared job seeker. These groups usually meet and may have employers visit for discussions.

- Alfalfa - 10-14-2012 01:47 PM

Well it's the old adage - it's not what you know, it's who you know. If you see a job advertised and happen to know someone who works in the company then you're not just another face in the crowd.
My social networking contacts include people who I used to know that are now living all over the world. Just think of the possibilities that this opens up. You wouldn't normally talk to them but just keeping in touch that little bit via the good old world wide web means you never know when they could come in handy.

I'd be happy to help an old friend who was looking for work if I was able to and knew they were trustworthy.