This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should the office of Pope be elected by all Catholics rather than an elite minority of male Cardinals?
11-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Should the office of Pope be elected by all Catholics rather than an elite minority of male Cardinals?
The elderly, male and mostly white Cardinals can never truly represent all Catholics. Could the church not organise a democratic election with all Catholics eligible, including woman, gays and blacks. They could od it through Facebook or Twitter. It would reinvigorate the Church and bring it closer to Jesus.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:56 AM

You do not need a pope you have the Christ

Ads

I think the pope should be elected by atheists!

Now that would be a mess!

Hell no, oligarchy for the win. I mean, whoever would want to actually affect who gets political power? Let's just let an 80+ old guy in robes decide who's best for the job.

lol. You talk as if the church was actually interested in equality, fairness, and all that good stuff.

quite simple....... because that is the way the "Catholic" system is........ if you change it that much it would not be "the catholic".... it would be something else.....if you do not like it..... get the hell out and start your own church.... then you can make all the rules you want your way....

no... I am not a "catholic"... I am very much opposed to their whole system....... but I for sure would not join them... and then tell them they have to change because I do not like their ways......

your position would not "reinvigorate" any thing.... it would destroy...... personally I wish you luck though.... I think the world would be better off without the papists in the first place........ so,...... never mind my comments... you go right ahead and try to "change" them........ out of existance.

When Judas left his office, how was He replaced?

I don't want "all Catholics" deciding. We could well wind up with a Pope barack or newt.

No.

The Church is not a democracy, it is a theocracy. It is as God intended, we shouldn't mess with it.

The Catholic church which is the Church Jesus, the King and Lord of all, founded. So no, the Catholic church is not a democracy and shouldn't be one. The job of all Catholics weather you are a lay person, a religious, or a priest is to uphold the teachings and laws of the Kingdom. To be a Christian is to be a subject of the Kingdom of Heaven, in other words the church is a monarchy not a democracy. Cardinals are priests who have only reached that level with in the ranks specifically because they have upheld the teachings of the church and thus among them a new pope is chosen when the time comes. There are no better candidates than the top officials who have upheld the teachings of the church since the pope becomes the leader of the entire church and becomes its face, the pope better be upholding the teachings of the church.