This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can the police go through my facebook messages?
04-16-2013, 03:27 AM
Can the police go through my facebook messages?
so my dad was trying to scare me and said he went through my messages and reported it to the police which is total bull! but just out of curiosity can the police go through my facebook messages and text messages without my permission and my password.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 03:35 AM

if they have a warrant, sure. All really easy to do. they just need an Ip and a force hack for passwords. eh... if they wanted to they would. So... what do you have to hide?

Ads

As of now, yes they can if they feel the need to. They would just request Facebook to supply them with the message.

Yep, dont even need a warrant anymore.

The police usually do not have the power to do this. Higher powers like the FBI on the other hand could hack into your accounts, but only if it is serious. I am quite sure you will not be getting hacked anytime soon unless you start breaking some major laws and the FBI or another higher power has to get involved.

Simply stay safe and don't do anything insanely stupid and you should be fine!

Depends upon the report your dad has planned. Since your dad has just scared, tell him that you are not posting any unwanted messages or things. Remember that crime police has all powers to do with your account.

YES they can!

Yes they can. All they need is a IP address and your doomed. (where most viruses attacks come from) but this is something the FBI would do unless the police have a warrant if they're checking around for a death of someone...(murder, suicide,ect.)

yes, they can if they have reason to think you have broken the law - and they can even read messages that you have deleted if they get a court order and send it to facebook

It really depends if they need to go to your account, or someone reported the message to the police for like harassing or stalking. I would report them to the local police department if you feel they need to be reported . Especially if someone is threatening bodily harm or death to you or your family. Just make sure you do not delete them.