This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will my other Facebook friends see my relationship status even though it's set to custom mode?
08-18-2013, 07:16 AM
Will my other Facebook friends see my relationship status even though it's set to custom mode?
I was adding a life event to my Facebook timeline that I was in a relationship with a girl long ago as well as the status marking the very end of that. And even though I set it to custom mode and made it only visible to my girl my profile still had the "In a relationship" status on it. I'm afraid all of my other friends are gonna see it and I don't think my family is gonna be impressed with that, either. And I knew my family was not gonna be impressed with that relationship status update because it was for a girl that I met only on the web and NOT in real life - they would think I'm crazy!

The relationship status that lasted for only a few months three years ago was meant to be seen by the person I mentioned in there. It is not supposed to be seen by anyone else. The reason I set it there was because I never even updated my relationship status any time in my life, not even when my ex and I were together.

Will my other Facebook friends see my relationship status on my profile even though it's set to custom mode?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 07:29 AM

it depends on how you did it

if you are merely trying to mark the beginning and end of a past relationship like that, you should be adding what is called a "life event" instead of using the relationship function, as that is for current things

to create a life event, open your timeline, and look for the "life event" link above where you type your status updates

click that and the rest should be obvious

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply