This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the future of books and writers?
11-09-2012, 04:52 PM

Well let's see, I'm 17 and I read roughly 2 books a month sometimes more or less depending on the book, this year I've read the Game of Thrones series, Dune, the Forever War, Flags of our Fathers, Macbeth(not for school), and a couple historical books(again by choice, not because of school). I love reading, Unfortunatly no one else I know really does, a lot of kids after a test sit and stare off into space rather then read, and I call that idiocy, reading is a sign of knowledge, 700 years ago only 6 percent of the population could read, and they were ruled over by kings, who could read. Then that number slowly escalated, in 1770 the percentage of people that could read in America was double that of England, and America rebelled because they realized it was tyranny they were dealing with. Now most of the population can read and therefore politics have shifted so dramatically that between presidents not much happens because so many people are into it and get mad if the do it wrong. People that don't read are morons and I think that sooner or later they will realize that and start reading again, most college kids I know read, as oppose to kids in my highschool that don't. Reading is a very powerful thing, more so then any army, or any wealth and people need to realize that

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - John - 11-09-2012 04:52 PM
[] - Pieman - 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
[] - Anantha - 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
[] - Lex - 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
[] - gawesome12 - 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM