This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My daughter lives with my wife and me and the biological mother does not want to pay child support.?
11-09-2012, 09:13 PM

She has no choice, she will accumulate arrears. they could suspend her license, any work licenses, garnish any checks she may earn, garnish her tax returns, they could even throw her in jail. they will likely let her get away with it for awhile because you can't pay child support in jail but she will always owe you from the date of the petition on and will never be able to have her name on any bank accounts, checks, assets, etc. without the courts pursuing her. you don't really have to do anything other than petition and show up for court, they do the rest.

you could also take her to small claims after arrears have added up to a significant amount and sue her there.

take it from me, i have a deadbeat baby daddy, just take care of the child yourself and not worry or depend on the support. you will most likely get it eventually, some here, some there. you have your child so be grateful for that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - George McCasland - 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
[] - SuperCee - 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
[] - Emma Galden - 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
[] - Amerra! - 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
[] - superwoman - 11-09-2012 09:13 PM