This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I convince my mother to let me get a Facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:25 PM

Okay, first thing's first: find out why she doesn't want you on there and talk to her about it. If she's concerned about privacy then perhaps ask your older sister to show her how easy it is to protect yourself on there. If she's worried you're not old enough, then assure her it's perfectly safe as long as you're 13 and over and facebook takes extra protection for users under 18.

Tell her facebook is a great way to keep in touch with people you've drifted from and a place where you can turn acquaintances into good friends. If this fails, tell her it's a quick way to get in touch if you need homework help or need your friend's help.

Show her you're responsible enough for one and that she can trust you in whatever way you think will work on her. She should let you on there once she sees there's nothing to fear. Although, if everything fails, then consider making one against her will. That's what I had to resort to and when my mum found out, I just proved to her it was completely safe and she was fine with it (:

Good luck! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - prince_kimmy - 11-09-2012, 09:25 PM
[] - MADILYNNE BELLA - 11-09-2012, 09:25 PM
[] - Js PC Repair - 11-09-2012, 09:25 PM
[] - anananaarghh - 11-09-2012 09:25 PM