This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oh..the case of the ex and social media...?
11-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Oh..the case of the ex and social media...?
In summation;
I dated a girl. Things got jealous-based. Got out of hand. Physical things happened.
We drifted. We ditched each other to hang with friends. I broke up with her.

We didn't talk about it or tried to get back together. We saw each other from time to time around bars. When we did, drama ensued.

I axed that after the last bout on the 4th of July. On this particular night, me and my buddy was standing outside of a bar and my friend Ashley came up and talked to us. The ex saw this from a distance and ran up to her to introduce herself. She then went off on a tangent about how she cheated on me throughout our entire relationship. Apparently to make me upset when all she really did was make herself look like a fool.
After that night, I never returned to said bars. Thus, she did not see me nor did I her. No social network communication, nothing. Then, one day, I get a notification on my phone. "Katymay### has liked one of your photos". I open it up to see who it is, and it's her. Then she quickly un-likes the photo. I pay it no mind.
Months go by. then on October 4th, 3 months from the last day I saw her, she texts me "I hate that we hate each other".
I respond:
"I'm pretty sure I don't hate anyone. that's a burden I wouldn't want to carry and it acts like a black cloud."
Katy-"I just know there were some hateful things said and it does stick with me. I want to fix it"
Me-"Well, i've avoided certain areas so those situations do not happen when your'e drunk. I don't want to be forced to retaliate if I don't want to. I can be a mean person and I know your flaws, I don't want to use them against you."
Katy-"And I thank you for that. I grew a lot in the time we had together. I know you may not see it as anything, but we came together, we fell in love, and I lost you. I'm ok with that, but I don't want you thinking i'm this horrible person."
Me-"I'm going to think what I want to regardless. So there's not much you can do about that. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it."
Katy-"Ok Will. thanks for responding. I didn't cheat. I gave you my all. I loved you and I still do."
Me-"Thanks. I'm sure we'll talk again. Have a good night."
Katy-"I wish you the best in life. With your wife, your kids, everything. I will always love you. Goodbye".

I didn't respond after this. A couple days ago, I reactivated my twitter and there were some mentions from her over the course of the last few months. Some were sweet and some were directive, but nothing too bad. I decide to look at ehr twitter and low and behold the day she started texting me that night, she was simultaneously depicting me negatively across the internet. Tweets like:
"He was such a bastard. My new bf is better"
"Parked with my best bf and my boyfriend at my ex's. Awkward"
"His ex was such a ugly pugface"
"Never give loneliness a chance"
"My ex is texting me. SMH."

Now, this is all while she initiated a conversation with ME. Granted she's younger and has a good amount of flaws (Including paranoia, anxiety, cutting issues, physical confrontation issues,etc) I feel I was duped by her again. She plays this sweet and innocent role but her primary goal is to impress her friends by proving that "My ex was an *** and im soo much better than him and over him".

So the question ask is, do all women do this? this two-faced game? Do men do it too? Should I even acknowledge or pretend I never opened that twitter account and continue to move on with my life as scheduled?

Did I miss her at the beginning? Yes. But all I truly remember is her saying "I cheated on you the entire time we were together". With my personality, that effectively ended any emotion that I had for this girl. And while I didn't seek to retaliate, I made my peace that she has a long sad road ahead of her. Is this what I'm starting to see?
14 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Oh..the case of the ex and social media...? - SpiderFanNemisis - 11-27-2012 06:29 AM
[] - pj - 11-27-2012, 06:37 AM