This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are WE in love or am I just in love?
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM

From what I could read: (That's a beautiful wall of text you have there - mind separating it into paragraphs next time?)

---- He does seem to like you. Even that comment he made about "you better be going to a funeral or something", is a sign that he most likely will indeed miss you, come Monday.

Looks to me like more young love . . . Stop.

Considering he's a JW, you might want to think twice about dating him. We have standards, and most of us adhere to them fully. It seems that if you asked him or if he asked you - you'd end up dating each other, but, JWs view dating as the steeping-stones to marriage, and it should only be conducted AFTER the teenage years, simply because with your hormones at an incredibly high-level, strong feelings for the opposite sex tend to flare then fade as quickly as a hiss of wind.

So, in short, this big romance between the two of you will most likely fail soon enough, even if you do start dating. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm simply being realistic. Makes no sense to try and sugar-coat reality.

Just because he's a Witness, and just because you're not, that doesn't necessarily mean that would doom your relationship, but there are certain things he can't do. Like:

- Don't expect a Valentine's Day card
- Don't expect him to do any Christmas-time things
- Don't expect him to say "Happy Birthday!"
-Etc.

At the end of the day, it seems that the both of you are in love with each other, but it isn't true love. It's infatuation. Hormone-induced, infatuation, that will fade away soon. Dating is rather pointless at this age, as it only leads to heartbreak later.

In my opinion ~ I'd wait, until I'm a mature adult, who now knows who I am, and who has a stable life, to start dating, rather than a budding teen who's hormones are all in a tizzy and I barely have the fuzziest idea of what I'll be doing when I leave school, and while I'm still trying to figure out my own identity.

On top of that, I recommend you date someone who isn't a Witness. Not that we're bad people, because we aren't. But it seems our differences with others get in the way of a lot of things.

On and ~ P.S ~ If you thought I'm a parent, or even just an adult... nope I'm 14, and I'm in high-school, so consider this some advice from a schoolmate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Joe - 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
[] - Missy - 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
[] - Woah People - 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
[] - 1life1goal1dream - 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
[] - Femdyk - 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
[] - Dagger78 - 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
[] - screechingNinja597 - 12-05-2012 11:44 AM