This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should Yahoo users be held accountable for the comments they post?
01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Should Yahoo users be held accountable for the comments they post?
We've seen people who post to twitter being held accountable for their posts and in some cases prosecuted for their vile racist filth. Should this also apply to people who post racist comments and promote hate crimes on Yahoo?

I'm not against free speech in any way but when someone exercising their 'free speech' results in others not having free speech and could be seen as incitement to commit crimes surely something has to be done.

There are currently many examples of this in the comments regarding the news story of the young Indian woman being raped, tortured and ultimately murdered. Brainless racists hijack the story to promote their vile views on race and on women seemingly with no moderation from Yahoo. Simply saying 'if you don't like it don't read it' is no answer, this 'looking away' contributed to the holocaust in WW2. It is now a crime to deny the holocaust not that this stops some of the extreme right-wing bigots. Should we put up with this continual outpouring of racist and sexist vomit on the comments boards.

I'd be interested to read Yahoo's view on this, especially as they should also be accountable for what they allow on their message boards
Bic Boi - Can you give a reason for your answer or is it just a knee jerk reaction with no intelligent reasoning behind it?
Kuku Kujoob - I'm aware of the difference between opinion and perpetrating hate and racism. I'm aware of the report function and the ToS and I have reported but when I report a post that clearly violates ToS & community guidelines nothing happens which seems to suggest either Yahoo is unmoderated or Yahoo are happy to proliferate this racist thought.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should Yahoo users be held accountable for the comments they post? - Truth & Freedom - 01-24-2013 09:34 PM
[] - Kuku Kajoob ♫ - 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM
[] - Tin-God - 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM
[] - Sharla - 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM