This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How hard is it to become a doctor?
02-18-2013, 03:14 AM

Very difficult. I am a premed student applying to medical schools now. If you want to apply to an allopathic medical school, you must have a very high college GPA (~3.8), a good score on your MCAT (it's the entrance exam), a bunch of extracurricular activities, and the work ethic to keep up with everything.

I am not telling you this to scare you, but very few people who plan on becoming doctors actually ever make it (in fact idk if I am going to be able to even get IN to med school and my gpa is 3.9). The MCAT is difficult and once your in med school life is apparently hell where you must study almost every day you're there (and med schools only give you off 1 month for summer break).

If you think you can handle this, go for it. Take it one day at a time. I honestly didn't think I would be where I am right now and if I get into med school it proves that it doesn't matter how smart you are, it's how hard you work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Daniel - 02-18-2013, 03:14 AM
[] - Mina - 02-18-2013, 03:14 AM
[] - Luis - 02-18-2013, 03:14 AM
[] - whatever - 02-18-2013 03:14 AM