This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My parents wont let me get facebook?
02-28-2013, 07:49 AM

I don't think there is one but parents sometimes have good reason to be concerned.

If I were in your place, I'd add my parents as friends so they can see who is being added and can monitor the page until they're satisfied it's not having some kind of bad influence.

Parents often give up on keeping tabs on things like that after not very long because parents are obviously very busy people so, if you can show them you're trustworthy and not out to find trouble/get into some kind of indecent online relationship (and I realize you very likely have no intention to do that but parents are understandably cautious), then they'll probably allow you to unfriend them and have some privacy on your page.

Of course, you could also add them and unsubscribe to their pages so your updates don't appear on their walls.

I think facebook can be a great way of learning to resist online tension. If your parents are concerned about you having a facebook page, then they should read some of the hateful comments/indecent ones some leave as Youtube responses to other's comments.

Just try not to take the concept of friending/unfriending too personally (is all I suggest when you get a page)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Michael Jackson - 02-28-2013, 07:34 AM
[] - Zee Devil - 02-28-2013, 07:43 AM
[] - Some guy - 02-28-2013 07:49 AM
[] - Yannah - 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM
[] - Daniel - 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM