This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is arranged/forced marriage acceptable for you?
02-28-2013, 04:45 PM

Social change is never overnight, it takes time for the people, specially older generation which can be real stubborn and adamant with tradition. Now honor killings have been banned in India and people can face serious jail consequences. Not all arrange marriages are forced as which you agreed. The real problem is still there is lots of social pressure to get married by late 30's. These days parents will give you time to find someone you like, if you cannot find someone bcos you are a nerd or whatever they recommend arrange when you are approaching 30.
After spending sometime in west i realized how arrange marriages were wrong. I also realized how arrange marriages create bad social and political impact(difference between rich and poor). At the same time divorce rates are soaring in India bcos of love marriage, although local people fail to realize just bcos of low divorce rate does not mean people are more happier. There has been definitely a signficant change in India in last few yrs with social networking sites like facebook and twitter. But still India has to long way to go in term of social issues. Government is working on it, but really slow.
Also west is not perfect either? Gay rights and gay marriages? But it is still lot better than India. World is not perfect my friend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Satish Kumar - 02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
[] - Gentleman - 02-28-2013, 04:40 PM
[] - Prakash - 02-28-2013 04:45 PM
[] - HUMANITY - 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM