This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Writing an LDS missionary who you met on his mission?
02-28-2013, 05:30 PM

You seem kind of cute and excited, hope this goes well for you.

During my mission, the longer I was there the less I cared about girls because I was on a mission, but it didn't take me more than a few hours when I got home to get back in the swing of things.

Consider carefully what you write while he's on his mission, a good missionary doesn't want to be distracted while he's finishing up, by now his sister has likely already told him about the friend request, if you send him a letter make it short and sweet and not romantic at all, if he's a good missionary he's more sad about his mission ending than dating.

How long until he's ready to flirt after his mission? With me it was a few days. I was so sad that I was home, but that didn't stop me from being a guy again. It took a few days to realize that my former girl friends were either married or immature (odd, as they we more mature than me when I left but less by the time I got home) and I wanted fresh girls rather than my highschool group. The girls who piqued my interest most had something to do with my mission - so you'll get the attention you want if you stand in line for it (ultimately I married an awesome girl who I met in a singles ward 2 years after I got home).

Just write a letter, say hi, tell him you don't want to distract him but are anxious to say hi to him when he's released and keep it short and churchy. Long letters were a pain, cause I felt like a jerk to give a short reply back, most missionary letters start off "sorry, this is a short one this week", don't burden him with a novel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jollycemetery347 - 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM
[] - Ammon - 02-28-2013, 05:18 PM
[] - j p - 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM
[] - joshsy - 02-28-2013 05:30 PM