This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have the right to be jealous and annoyed, or am I overreacting?
03-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Do I have the right to be jealous and annoyed, or am I overreacting?
I feel like I'm being really overdramatic by letting this upset me so much, but it does. All names are initials.

My boyfriend C and I have been together since October and before we started dating we were friends, so we talked a lot. Before he liked me he liked this girl N, but they were never together or anything. He just had a really big crush on her. However, she is 100x more his type than I am. They listen to the same type of music, they're both amazing artists (visual art), and she's closer in age to him than I am.

Last Sunday he came over to watch the Superbowl and while he was at my place, he told me that he was getting lunch with N and D (a mutual friend of ours) the next Monday. At my school we can go out for lunch and it's a really big social thing, so I was a little curious as to why I wasn't invited, especially because he was going out with two girls alone. I asked him and he told me he couldn't tell me. I tell him EVERYTHING. I sort of let it go, but I was annoyed the whole night. The next day, he ended up going out to lunch with me and when I asked about what was going on with N and D he said "the situation resolved itself."

Moving on - last night we were talking on Facebook and he asked me if I could grab lunch with somebody else Monday (tomorrow). I asked him why and he said "I'm gonna grab food with N, we need to talk some things out." I got annoyed and logged off, but now I'm just sort of jealous and hurt.

Am I overreacting or should I trust him? He's never done anything to break my trust, but he has a habit of distancing himself as soon as I get too, for lack of a better word, clingy. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do I have the right to be jealous and annoyed, or am I overreacting? - isabel ✌ - 03-02-2013 02:03 PM
[] - Mike - 03-02-2013, 02:11 PM
[] - Amber - 03-02-2013, 02:11 PM
[] - hip-hop junkie - 03-02-2013, 02:11 PM