This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I advertise my website e?
03-27-2013, 08:09 AM

I'm sorry but...I found mistakes on your first page--many of them.

If you're trying to offer a proofreading service, you should not have these mistakes. I don't want to be mean, but it's not fair that people who aren't good with grammar, and are thus ordering your service, won't notice these mistakes. They won't know they aren't getting the service they want and need.

That's going to deteriorate language further (maybe I'm a being bit dramatic here) AND take business away from people like me, who actually know what proper grammar is.

As for the mistakes I found on your site, other than awkward wording, there are a lot of comma splices!

Ex. 1: Proofreading is very important[period + capital "i"] in many different circumstances, grammatical errors and misspelt words can ruin pieces of text ["of text" is unnecessary].

Ex. 2: All our services comply with University [extra space]Code of Conduct,[period and capital "w" required] we correct grammar, sentence structure, spelling and punctuation.

I guess what I'm hoping to achieve with this little rant is that instead of seeking better ways to advertise, you stop, and learn a LOT more about language. Merriam-Webster's "Manual for Editors" will help you very much with that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Hannah - 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
[] - Steve - 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
[] - JJ - 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
[] - Scott Halverson - 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
[] - Matt Smith - 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
[] - Lauren R - 03-27-2013 08:09 AM
[] - Ircel Elardo - 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM