This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would conservative media and Fox News be more reliable if there was another mainstream conservative network?
04-26-2013, 07:56 AM

Actually, your premise is faulty and slanted by your own views. You state.. "I believe that if there was just MSNBC for liberal media, then MSNBC would go from being biased (which I will admit it is, even though I am liberal) to being just as absurdly biased as fox! "

However - a study during the election cycle revealed that MSNBC was more biased that Fox News by a good amount.

http://www.journalism.org/analysis_repor...paign_2012

You do not see MSNBC as "absurdly biased" because they say things that fit your belief structure. So, MSNBC is already more bias than Fox despite there being many more left leaning media outlets.. It certainly hasn't toned down propaganda from the left. Why would it from the right....

----------------
Edit to answer your question
But I could say exactly the same thing about Fox. It is more of a TV News Editorial Network. The only show I can think of on Fox that is pure "news" is Shepard Smith's news show. All the rest consist of people talking about, "analyzing" and editorializing the news and giving their opinions on it. Certainly that is the case for their most popular shows (O' Reilly, Hannity, Brett Bair).

Ideally you do have a point. Competition does tend to better all involved. Right now Fox doesn't really have competition as a "right leaning tv news source". It is the "MSNBC of the right" but there is no, "CNN of the right".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jacara - 04-26-2013, 07:34 AM
[] - Steve Rogers - 04-26-2013, 07:39 AM
[] - Really? - 04-26-2013, 07:47 AM
[] - yaheigh - 04-26-2013 07:56 AM