This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is it that every time I log into Facebook I'm automatically redirected to something called mybookface.net?
04-28-2013, 02:52 PM

I am really glad that is not just me. It has been bugging me since yesterday.

I do not think it is account related because I can log in on my facebook account at work and nothing is wrong, but at home it is a different story. I too use Firefox at home, so maybe it is something that is affecting an account while on Firefox. I say account on Firefox because my wife's computer does not seem affected and she is using Firefox as well. Hope it is fixed soon if the problem isn't on my side.

EDIT:

OK Looks like I may hove found the culprit. I was not getting redirected on IE, just Firefox, so I started thinking it had to be something related to Firefox and facebook, since that was the only site that I was getting redirected from. I then remembered that I added a "dislike" button application back sometime in November. I disabled that and got no more redirects, so I re-enabled it and it started again... uninstalled the app and so far no more redirects.

So if you have this application installed, and I am betting you probably do, Un-install it.

Go to the top bar and click on Tools/ Add-Ons and look for the app under extensions and click on the uninstall option.

Hope this help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - mcpason - 04-28-2013, 02:31 PM
[] - . - 04-28-2013, 02:47 PM
[] - Snoeckie - 04-28-2013, 02:48 PM
[] - Vaylon - 04-28-2013 02:52 PM
[] - The One - 04-28-2013, 03:06 PM
[] - Jeff - 04-28-2013, 03:20 PM
[] - Adam K - 04-28-2013, 03:25 PM