This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what are good jobs for people with limited skills and social anxiety?
05-03-2013, 04:33 AM

Hi... I am a bit socially anxious also...
I am currently studying at college and I'm finding it difficult to get through it!
One of my courses requires me do do a presentation for 5-10 minutes in front of 10 people and I'm terrified I'm going to shake, look totally embarresed and then not be able to get my words out!
I've had a bit of cognitive therapy but I don't fink it has helped a gr8 deal!
I'm trying to tell my self "I am a strong confident women... I prefer to be liked, to be perfect... but if at times I'm not then it's not the end of the world andit just means tht I'm a normal human being!" Tht is a sentence tht 1 of my therapists told me to say to make me feel a bit more confident!
I'm also trying to put myself in to situations tht make me feel slightly anxious so tht I can hopefully over come my fears so for example, I try to answer questions in class tht I wudn't normally answer because I'd be scared of not being able to explain myself properly and then people thinking I'm weird.

I have recently been finking why am I at college?
I'm not going to get a good job because I'm so anxious all of the time! I want to do well in life but I'm just so confused about what to do for the best... Stay in college or leave???
I want to look in to working at a day care or somfing because I love working wiv children but I'm worried about accomplishing th qualifications I'm going to need first...

I hope my experiences hav given you comfort... You are not alone so don't feel like you are the only one because I often do! Best of luck in your future x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - dancerchic012 - 05-03-2013, 04:11 AM
[] - C - 05-03-2013, 04:23 AM
[] - Charlotte M - 05-03-2013 04:33 AM