This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will my life ever improve?
05-03-2013, 04:07 AM
Will my life ever improve?
OK, I know I'm probably wallowing in self-pity to some extent, but right now my life is pretty unbearable and is becoming more so. I have Asperger's Syndrome, Type 1 diabetes and severe depression, all of which combined together prevent me from being able to work (BUT - I do genuinely want to work). Unless they find a cure for at least the Asperger's Syndrome, I don't see any prospect of my life improving, because employers only seem to want to employ outgoing,, confident people who have excellent interpersonal skills (which I certainly do not). I am sick of being labelled a second class citizen by the British media and the government and find myself thinking more and more about suicide. I have just tried to persuade my GP to prescribe me a higher dose of antidepressants - he instead suggested changing it, but I got the distinct impression that if that doesn;t work, he won't be prepared to increase the dose. Actually, from things I have read in the newspapers about GPs being pressurized into prescribing less, I think it is really just a cost-cutting exercise. I am totally fed up, and feel like just giving up on life. How can I feel better about myself?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Will my life ever improve? - Clare Sheldon - 05-03-2013 04:07 AM
[] - Shaun - 05-03-2013, 04:22 AM
[] - D.D. - 05-03-2013, 04:26 AM
[] - Princess Hope - 05-03-2013, 04:42 AM