This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Going to look at a horse tomorrow (first time buyer)!?
05-08-2013, 04:19 PM

You won't know till you look at her. Check her legs for bumps. Spend some time with her. Get the owner to ride her. If they won't lounge her, lead her figure out what she knows before you get on her and don't get on her with a halter, only in a controled area with fencing not near the road. Don't be afraid to spend some time with her. It give the drugs time to wear off if they have given her anything. Don't fall for the rescue thing. There are a lot of horses at the killers for a reason and they shouldn't be rescued. People rescue them and then find out the horse will hurt them and that is why they were at the killers in the first place. I worked at the track years ago. The horses usually don't have manners because they only worry about them running. So make sure she doesn't have habits like biting or kicking. If your not sure get a vet check and have your trainer ride the horse. A free horse isn't always a bad thing. I have a Quarterhorse gelding that was given to me and he is learning to work cows and had four Clydesdales given to me that we showed in a hitch for years. Good Luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - krispy luvr - 05-08-2013, 03:22 PM
[] - Blujay - 05-08-2013, 03:30 PM
[] - O.O - 05-08-2013, 03:46 PM
[] - Karen - 05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
[] - Amy Sanders - 05-08-2013, 04:07 PM
[] - katherine h - 05-08-2013 04:19 PM