This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the whole conflict with gay rights/marriage and the Church?
05-10-2013, 11:31 PM

You raise a legitimate point. If so few wish to do this is it really worth all the debate its generating?

On the other side of the coin, I cant understand why people are so vocal in fighting this change yet the very same people totally ignore the people who truly are not respecting marriage.

If the sanctity of marriage is such an important thing that society must reject a very small group from joining in it, why does society say nothing about the following people when they by their past actions have demonstrated no respect for this institution.

1) A person who has divorced maybe just once or maybe 100 times, divorced does not matter, they can get married yet again and again, there is no limit.

2) A person who was unfaithful to a past partner can get married.

3) A person who has been an endless drain on society can get married. (EG: lifetime unemployed/criminal)

4) A person who is in jail can get married. (to be released one day or even never to be released)

5) A person who has raped someone, be it a women, a man or even a child, they can still get married.

6)A person who has killed can get married. (even when the victim was a husband/wife)

7) A person who was once a priest can get married.

8) A person who is not in love but is required by family arrangement can get married. (in some countries)

9) A person who is about to die can get married. (Although I don't know for capital punishment)

10) A person who is an addicted illegal and legal drugs user (abuse) can get married.

11) A person who is physically and or mentally handicapped can marry.

12) A child can get married. (including to an adult, in some countries)

13) A person who already is married can get married. (in some countries)

14) A person who is sterile or has genetic problems can get married.

But the one I love most for its hypocrite value (other people saying nothing in protest) is:

15) Along with undiscovered pedophiles, also people known as a (including convicted) pedophile can still get married.

I agree that not all are of low morals, yet my point is some very much are. While some scream that marriage is special, (The sanctity of marriage and all that) none of them suggest that people in the above groups are undesirable or have questionable morals to enter into the sanctity marriage.

Which does not then paint marriage as a very moral club. In fact the silence says people who are willing to be vocal against sames ex marriage must on the other hand feel that the above are perfect candidates for marriage.

In my view, of the groups, the gays, the remarried many times, the people who have no respect for society, and the child abusers, its the gays who respect it the most.

Well I suspect I can explain their fear.
I suspect that the anti gay people know that while the cap is in place it keeps gays suppressed. Once all the bad (stigma) is stripped away, being gay is then seen as acceptable, the 2-4 % openly gay section of society will explode as more and more closet homosexuals stop hiding.
Then we will really know how many people are gay or bisexual.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - wideisland714 - 05-10-2013, 10:28 PM
[] - Lewis - 05-10-2013, 10:38 PM
[] - William - 05-10-2013, 10:53 PM
[] - Martin - 05-10-2013, 11:08 PM
[] - Jay - 05-10-2013, 11:11 PM
[] - merlina - 05-10-2013, 11:26 PM
[] - xxx000au - 05-10-2013 11:31 PM
[] - JOHN G - 05-10-2013, 11:45 PM