This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long does it take to be more fluent in Japanese?
05-27-2013, 03:59 PM

It will take awhile, I've almost been studying for a year and can create basic tweets. I've ever started following my favorite voice actresses/actors on Twitter and have had them reply to me Smile

I try to surround myself all day with Japanese stuff Smile anime, studying etc.

On a weekend, I'll get up and maybe about 30 mintues later I'll start watching Japanese stuff. While brushing my teeth, I have anime on Smile

I can form basic sentences now, enough to get an idea across but no where near fluent.

I just started studying kanji last month and know 1-10, the one for a hundred and one thousound :/ Not much, I know hiragana and a lot of katakana.

For anime, it "takes" 2 years roughly with no subs and actual shows about 4.

It depends on how you much you wanna learn the language, do you have motivation? Me, yes. I have anime and myself never giving up.

Go to RanAbvideo on Youtube, she'll help you. She's my teacher.

Just note, there are a lot of forms in Japanese for a verb you'll need to memorize. They have four verison's of "if" and you need to know when to use them.

It takes roughly 8 years to have a complex conversation. For a basic one, a year and half or so which is where I am at.

It depends on the person and how much you wanna learn it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Manda - 05-27-2013, 03:49 PM
[] - Bat-Man300 - 05-27-2013, 03:55 PM
[] - hirame - 05-27-2013, 03:56 PM
[] - No - 05-27-2013 03:59 PM