This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I remove a photo of me that was uploaded by someone else on Facebook?
08-02-2013, 01:18 PM

If he's taken an image of you & manipulated it without your consent & posted it for the sole purpose of libeling you & damaging your reputation then I think you've got very good grounds for a strong complaint to the Facebook authorities.

I suggest you contact the Facebook authorities again & say this person is using a photo of you against your express wishes & in such a way that can only be described as for the sole purpose of humiliating you.

In the meantime I suggest you make it publicly known that you didn't give him consent to take & use that photo of you in that way, that you demand he removes it immediately, & that you'll take legal action unless he does so.

I suggest you contact Citizens' Advice for the sort of legal action you can take. Also if you're still at school I suggest you tell & show your school principle the way the photo is being used & tell him/her how they're using it on their phones for the sole purpose of tormenting you.

If you're on his Facebook as a friend I suggest you make a post saying in no uncertain terms that he is to take the photo down immediately because he's used it without your consent, & that you are in the process of taking legal advice that will lead to legal action unless he complies with your wishes.

If you live with your parents I suggest you show them the photo & explain to them how & why he's using it, & ask them to contact the school on your behalf. What he's doing is a clear case of cyber bullying & there's no way that can be justified. I'm not sure, but I would expect Facebook has clear policy guidelines about cyber bullying, which it sounds like you have a strong case, with proof, that he is violating.

Good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Kevin - 08-02-2013, 01:02 PM
[] - JOE - 08-02-2013 01:18 PM