This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What if the 2000 Presidential election turned out differently?
10-13-2012, 01:03 PM
What if the 2000 Presidential election turned out differently?
I know this question has been asked many times, but this has been, for whatever reason been running through my head for days now. Here's what I think would happen:

Gore wins

the brief recession of 2001 happens, some small stimulus is passed, Tax Cuts (though not as big as the first round of Bush tax cuts) are passed as well to strike a deal with a Republican Controlled legislature.

Social Security and the rest of the Surplus money go into a "Lockbox"

9/11 Happens. Gore, like Bush, invades Afghanistan, and topples the Taliban regime. The difference being Gore persues Bin Laden and Bin Laden is captured and killed. Due to better manegment, we're out of Afghanistan by early 2004.

No invasion of Iraq.

Education reform different and better than "No Child Left Behind" is passed.

Gore proposses alternative energy legislation, however it fails to get votes in a congress controlled by republicans.

The economy is recovered from the recession, however Gore closely loses re election in 2004 to a moderate Republican (mostlikely McCain) due to Gridlock and people wanting a change after 12 years of Democrats.

McCain's Presidency starts of successful until the Republicans lose control of congress in the 2006 midterm elections due to corruption. The economy goes back into recession in Dec. 2007, the housing market crashes, Wall Street and the auto industry still fall.

McCain is soundly defeated in 2008 by Barack Obama and things are somewhat the same from there.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What if the 2000 Presidential election turned out differently? - Dave - 10-13-2012 01:03 PM
[] - David - 10-13-2012, 01:11 PM
[] - Auroch - 10-13-2012, 01:11 PM