This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to make peace with my ex 2 years after a TERRIBLE breakup. Bad idea?
10-14-2012, 12:39 AM
I want to make peace with my ex 2 years after a TERRIBLE breakup. Bad idea?
A little over two years ago, I was dumped by my ex of two years, she had met another man and moved on. We had a pretty toxic relationship, equally heavy on passion and warfare, along with jealousy and insecurity. Looking back, I know it was never meant to be. My life was in a much different place, and I was far more selfish and absorbed in my own world.

I did not handle the breakup well at the time, emailing/texting/calling, looking for answers, bugging her friends, bugging my friends, got family involved, etc. Dumb.

I found out on top of her breaking up with me, she was writing a very vicious blog about me, she left all her “favorites” on my laptop which led to me looking for answers through the blogs she read, and then I found hers…She was tearing apart every aspect of my life, heavy on defamation, and distorted lies. This lead me to writing her a nasty email, and every bridge catching fire once I fully realized she was telling me one thing and writing a lot more.

Lo and behold, after a few months I met someone who became my best friend and life partner and I am to be marrying her in 2013. Life got really good, I realized love is simple. My ex leaving me taught me some valuable lessons too about figuring out who I am, setting long term goals, and improving my quality of life. I relocated to where my fiancé is, and I love it here. Not to mention the growth in success in my personal and work life has been great. I thank her because I buckled down afterwards.

However, she continued to blog about me (and others she hated including her former roommate) for almost 18 months after leaving me. Just silly stuff, trashing my new lady, my new dog (I had one with her that she kept), my appearance (like my hairline), etc. I issued a cease and desist letter to her employer warning that I would be pursuing a lawsuit if she continued to defame me, which she was doing on her company’s time. She also dragged my family into her blog which just wasn’t acceptable.

I have not had any direct contact with her since March 2011, but lately I have thought about her. I got pretty sick (unexpectedly) a few months back, and heavy thoughts about life and death came at me fast. I personally do not like having any ‘enemies’, and have made peace with the one or two from my past, and am cordial to all my exes.

Though she left me, I think she still has a lot of bitterness or resentment, which I don't get. I know for a fact she still blogs/tweets about me, because I have looked. I guess when you know something is out there, it’s hard to look away. I am unsure if apologizing will do any good, or if it will be used against me in a blog or another form of social media, which my fiancé believes will happen. But she was someone I once loved and cared for, and I’d rather see her happy than hold a bitterness towards me. Lastly, she is marrying the man she left me for, and I am happy for her.

Is it worth it?
Please advise internetters!

Thanks for reading!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I want to make peace with my ex 2 years after a TERRIBLE breakup. Bad idea? - G - 10-14-2012 12:39 AM
[] - John - 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM
[] - Jill - 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM
[] - Arrogantcreature796 - 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM
[] - LuckyScholar984 - 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM