This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to make peace with my ex 2 years after a TERRIBLE breakup. Bad idea?
10-14-2012, 12:47 AM

Its hard ending a relationship that you had for so many years. It's comfortable and comforting...like an old warm blanket or sweatshirt that is their when you need it most. You never expect to lose it or to have it stolen....the realization that it has been lost stolen or even donated is difficult to accept.

I had to let such relationship go, He was my best friend for about five years but anything and everyone else was more important. When I realized it was not a healthy relationship for me, I ended it. I pretended like it did not hurt but we both know it did. I met someone else and it made it easier for me to move on. It did not work out with me and the other man, whom i still remember fondly, but I did not run back to my former best friend although he tried to be there for me when he thought I needed him. I do not.

I said some things about him that were true but unfavorable. I will not disclose everything I know because it is no one's business and no matter what, I will always respect the fact that he trusted me with certain information. You hurt her which is why she is speaking ill of you. You probably, on some level know what she is saying is true and want to apologize. Just do it. If she is mature enough to accept fine. If not, you tried and should leave that part of your life in the past. Walk away holding your head high. I certainly am.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - John - 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM
[] - Jill - 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM
[] - Arrogantcreature796 - 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM
[] - LuckyScholar984 - 10-14-2012 12:47 AM