This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TOO MANY FRIEND REQUESTS?
12-24-2013, 03:23 AM
TOO MANY FRIEND REQUESTS?
My fb acct almost got blocked..because THEY THINK I am sending requests to persons I "don't know". In FACT.. I am secretary for a family group, and trying to get distant relatives involved. I spend hours to research what happened to a relative, find name(s) of living descendents.. and I KNOW EXACTLY who these people are. I send explanation of why I am contacting them, which of course, goes to the "other box" since I am not on their friend list. FINDING FRIENDS/ FAMILY IS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF FACEBOOK. I only have less than 70 friends on my present list. But they suggest persons I have no interest in or reason to contact...like Dr. Phil's wife, Robin.
INSANE. And my account is at risk due to their stupidity??
Has anyone had this issue??? I see persons with HUNDREDS of friends on their lists.. and I bet they don't know half of them.
Help!! How do I avoid this problem???
msnoose...I sure hear what you are saying. I should have said, finding family and some friends is MY goal. I agree it is abused by some. But, it is a way for me to remain connected to many persons. Every day, I make the effort to send a few friends something positive. The persons on MY page ARE persons I know and interact with. We have a major reunion upcoming, AND it is a means to reach entire family. I can't send regular mail to 300 families, plus phone charges. For me, it is far from intruding.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
TOO MANY FRIEND REQUESTS? - wendy c - 12-24-2013 03:23 AM
[] - J.. - 12-24-2013, 03:36 AM
[] - msnoose - 12-24-2013, 03:45 AM