This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook security/prevention?
12-29-2013, 06:49 PM
facebook security/prevention?
I have a question. If my facebook account were to get hacked by a bug/spambot, would the spambot also bother people who are no longer my facebook friends? Im in a rather unique situation. I have repeatedly messaged someone (who I have had some angry conflicts with in the past) for the last couple of months, and foolishly did not realize that this is inappropriate/stalkerish behavior.

Of course I have stopped messaging him now, but Im afraid that if a spambot were to take over my account, it might send another message/post/ad to him just because I used to have him as a friend/interacted with him through all those messages. I repeat, he used to be my facebook friend in the past, but I have now removed him from my friends list.

This is a very serious situation for me, because if anything (whether it be a personal message, a post, or even a false friend request) is sent from my account to his, it will escalate the conflict between me and this person, and I dont want that to happen.

Please Advise,
Worried User
I sent the majority of the messages to him AFTER I defriended him. just including this in case timing makes any difference.

MUCHO POINTS FOR BEST ANSWER! Tongue

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
facebook security/prevention? - Cautiousguy1 - 12-29-2013 06:49 PM
[] - abraXus - 12-29-2013, 07:05 PM
[] - Daniel - 12-29-2013, 07:19 PM