This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook/System information and account hacking?
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

It's hard to say exactly what has happened, but facebook has had some problems like this in the past- even if something is set to private, sometimes it still shows up. Also when facebook updates, sometimes it resets privacy settings as well.

It's probably unlikely that someone has used IP tracing, hacking, or anything like that (except possibly guessing the password)- while it's not impossible, it's very difficult and very few people know how to do it.

The other thing that is worth mentioning that even if nobody can access your laptop, it's not impossible that someone saw you use it at some point, which can be enough. If you think this person might know you in the real world, then they may have been able to figure out that way.

The only way to make sure that nobody can link your accounts is to make sure they have nothing in common at all. That means no shared phone numbers, emails, etc, private or otherwise, nothing at all. Even if the number is set to private, if it's the same number on each one, it's still a way they can be linked (also, I can't think of any reason why you'd want to put your phone number on facebook anyway. I don't put any of my contact details on facebook, and I have a separate email for facebook only).

What I'd do is close the B and C accounts, and indeed if you're not sure, close all your facebook accounts and set up a new one from scratch (use a different email when setting it up so there's no link with the old one).

Also remember that in general, there isn't much privacy on facebook. Only post or do anything on facebook if you're ok with the fact that other people will know about it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Alex - 02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
[] - Bob B - 02-19-2014 12:38 PM