This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think about facebook friends?
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

I have a little over 500 friends. I don't add random people but I'll accept a request from anyone I know or who has some mutual friends or if we met on a discussion board or something. It seems to me like no matter how many friends someone has, they only talk to about 10-15% of them, as in, at the most.

About the fluctuation, it's not a glitch, some people deactivate their accounts when they're not online, just for privacy reasons I guess, and then they won't show up on lists or anything.

385 isn't a small number of friends by any means, it sounds as if you go on fairly often but don't friend too many people you aren't actual friends with or at least know. Trust me, you'll get more respect with the amount of friends that you have than if you had over 1,000 (these people come off as undiscerning, carefree, and hyper) or if you had like under 100 (these people usually don't like the idea of Facebook, rarely go online, and deny requests even from actual friends).

Oh, and if anyone has like over 1,000 or 2,000 friends they probably don't know many of them, or they just go down the list and friend everyone they have any mutual friends with. The most friends anyone has that they actually know most of them is 600-700, and that's only for outgoing socialites, usually acquainted with some kind of organization.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Daniel - 02-19-2014, 12:42 PM
[] - Jed - 02-19-2014 12:49 PM
[] - Alissa - 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM