This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Want A FaceBook Account But My Mother Will Not Let Me Create One.?
02-19-2014, 01:07 PM

Dude get with the times man, twitter is a billion times better.
Plus there are oo many idiots on Facebook. If you are able to get one, make sure you make it private. TRUST ME
There are too many idiots who will harass you or post bad things on your wall that your mom will get mad at YOU for.

Facebook should always be used in private.

Did you know that if you post something bad, or someone posts something bad about another child in your school, the child can complain and get you KICKED OUT OF SHOOL! HOW PISSED WOULD YOUR MOM BE THEN! Lol. I bet REAL pissed!

Please just make sure that it's private, you can agree with your mom that she can acess your account as a friend, not with your password, tell her that having your password and reading your mail would be like if you had a journal and she read it everyday. Tell her that would feel like such an of your ability I have privacy. There are feelings in a childs life that no parent should have acess to, private things. Calmly tell her that invading your privacy like that would damage your trust in her to a point where you don't think it could be repaired.

Adults respond to calm behavior. Talk over the situation in a rational behavior, I know it will be hard, if you talk to her in a manner where she thinks you have put some serious thought into it, she will respond as if you are adult enough to do what your talking about

Trust me though, being eleven years old, there are some sickos out there and they WILL use your information to get close to you. It doesn't even have to be an adress or anything, they could deduce rather easily what school you attend and go from there

The Internet is a powerfully advanced tool in our day to day lives, you must ALWAYS think about protecting yourself. Most children do not get the overall amount of crazy people out there. I think because they don't follow the news and events as much as adults. Please just remember that you always have to watch out for yourself. Online and offline.

I don't mean to demean you or make you think or yourself as a little child, but I still think you may be too young. Your mother is just being protective of you. Rightly she should be.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Chiquita - 02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
[] - Dustin Robinson - 02-19-2014, 12:39 PM
[] - dlnmllr - 02-19-2014, 12:48 PM
[] - joeireland - 02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
[] - Charmae - 02-19-2014, 12:55 PM
[] - Ahad Rauf - 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
[] - Anthony - 02-19-2014 01:07 PM
[] - wittynumber030 - 02-19-2014, 01:09 PM