This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My husband cheated on me for the second time what do I do?
02-19-2014, 01:04 PM

I suggest you think this through very carefully and plan for a future with the girls and without your husband. Unless he gets some serious counselling and gets his moral compass fixed you are in for a rough ride. Kids are very perceptive. Just as they can "feel" and see the love and affection between mom and dad so too can they pick up the negative vibes between you and your husband. You need to ask your self if that is the environment you want your girls growing up in.
He violated your trust once. For most people that would be enough. You took the high road and did your best to forgive him and to make the marriage work.
Doe he love you? I don't know but I can tell you that he places his own wants ahead of your feelings and needs.

While you have valued him and the marriage you cannot say the same for him.

The one thing I would be very careful about is co-dependence. You are in a co-dependent relationship and will continue unless there is some serious soul searching.
Your details suggest that you are desperately trying to find a way of keeping the relationship together:

- we have three daughters
- a lot of years invested.
- He said he loves me
- it was a mistake
- We are happy when we are together
- and we get along pretty good
- He is like my best friend
- I love him

All of the above are rationalizations. You are trying your best to cover for him and see the good in him rather than the person he really is. You are presently in denial. The net result is you are enabling him to be even more disabled. You want to believe that if you give him just one more chance he will change and make things right. He doesn't want a 3rd chance. What he wants is not to lose the house and other assets as well as his daughters.

It is very important that you think with your head and not your heart. Your husband not only violated the matrimonial bed, he violated you and his children. Is he truly remorseful and repentant. I do not believe it. Having had a second affair tells me the remorse he felt the first go around was not genuine. Your husband does not have a repentant heart. His regret is that he was caught. Sorry to say that but that is your reality. I wish you well.

* By the way…not all men are the same any more than all women are the same. Did you have a couple of affairs during your marriage like some women have done?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Kizza - 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM
[] - Kate - 02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
[] - BaD - 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM
[] - whynot133 - 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM
[] - Richard the lion - 02-19-2014 01:04 PM
[] - Shaeeck - 02-19-2014, 01:10 PM
[] - Amy - 02-19-2014, 01:17 PM
[] - 8 - 02-19-2014, 01:25 PM
[] - Si Si. - 02-19-2014, 01:33 PM