This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
School is ruining my life?
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

My best answer is to first, take a deep breath in and try to mellow out. Right now your emotions are, understandably, high. High school is stressful for many people-- due to emotions, hormones and just all the other fun adornments of adolescence

I am a senior in highschool, so I can somewhat relate to your problem as I was in a similar situation when i was your age. I wasn't allowed to leave the school at first, I did not have many friends, my grades were not necessarily BAD, but they were not good either. That all changed when I left the school I was in and transferred into the school I am now. Now, i am in APs, I've joined Honor societies etc

You have to have a mature talk with your mom. I repeat, MATURE, DO NOT LET YOUR EMOTIONS RULE YOUR WORDS. Tell her that the environment you're in isn't one that is letting you flourish and that if she wants to see you go to college, your best bet is to switch out.

EDIT: I see now that you said that you will not consider moving to another school, but I highly suggest it. I was in a charter school and I switched to a public school that was reported to have gangs and violence(so you can understand my hesitance to go there).... but I went. At first, it was weird, I did not know anyone and I did not know the teachers, but it took less than a month for me to settle in. There are some not so good kids, but no one has ever bothered me.
You cannot run from people because you're afraid of talking to them. At some point or another you're going to go to college/the workplace and you will have to meet new people and learn how to market yourself. I'm not saying get over it, because, trust me, I get it. I've been to eight schools in my life.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
School is ruining my life? - Marissa - 02-19-2014, 12:47 PM
[] - Alyx - 02-19-2014 12:52 PM
[] - Priya ^0^ - 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM