This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What causes a person to have less friends?
02-21-2014, 12:28 PM
What causes a person to have less friends?
1. I have friends from high school and I have found many on Facebook, well, THEY found ME actually. But I see how many more of their Facebook friends are acquaintance's we BOTH had yet those have not searched me out. I have not sent any friend requests really. But that is not the ONLY cause.

2. My sisters wedding. I met many of my sisters friends/in-laws. Those I met friended my mother, but not me.

3. I am friendly, I joke, I smile a lot, I'm attractive. WHAT am I missing that causes people to be stand offish or not willing to make that step?
I will admit I often don't put myself out there, but I AM polite & friendly to others.

It's very confusing to me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it seems I've done it wrong my whole life.
I'm about to start a business & this worries me. What if I put clients off the way I do potential friends?

I'm married. Men do not hit on me. Which is fine f course but my husband says men look but I put on an "air" of unavailability. Could I do that with everyone? I'm not looking for men but it might explain the lack of friendships. I don't know how to STOP what is natural to me.
jac the hat - I cannot afford a counselor now as we are paying off some medical bills. I do see what you're saying and honestly, as I've gotten older it's been easier to pinpoint the issues.
I have a few good friends (all out of state), I don't mind a lot of acquaintances (as opposed to friends)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What causes a person to have less friends? - mkt - 02-21-2014 12:28 PM
[] - jac the hat - 02-21-2014, 12:38 PM