This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FUN QUESTION! What is your opinion on weddings and social media websites?
02-24-2014, 08:43 PM

I don't mind people's countdowns... I know a ton of people getting married (me included) and I know how exciting it is to have your wedding coming up. I actually enjoy hearing about people's wedding progress via social media outlets, and like to talk to my other friends who are brides to be about their plans. However, I don't agree with invitations or RSVP's via the internet, as a lot of the older generations aren't as computer savvy, and it seems so impersonal for some reason.

As far as people posting photos before your approval, I do not agree with this. I recently asked a question about how to ask guests not to post any photos to FB or any other site before my future husband and I do, and I got some responses of people who felt the same way. We actually put a page on our wedding website asking people to refrain from posting photos of our ceremony, as it's a hugely private moment we don't want to share with with people we don't know. The reception is a different story, however I'd still like to check out the photos before people decide to post them. I've had friends get married and people have actually posted pictures during the ceremony, which I find to be incredibly rude. I mean, who has their phone on during a ceremony, unless you're using it specifically to take pictures, it needs to be put away and on silent. But that's just me, if someone else doesn't mind those things- good for them. I just want to keep our wedding as private as possible.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Stacy - 02-24-2014 08:43 PM
[] - Mrs. RaBBit - 02-24-2014, 08:45 PM
[] - Good Night - 02-24-2014, 08:53 PM
[] - Perse - 02-24-2014, 09:00 PM
[] - tra la la la la la - 02-24-2014, 09:08 PM