This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FUN QUESTION! What is your opinion on weddings and social media websites?
02-24-2014, 08:53 PM

Well, to correct you on one point you made, it's not YOUR day. I'm sorry, but it drives me crazy when I hear women call it their day, when it's not.

Moving on, no, I don't mind it. My friends and family all know that I LOATHE social media sights, as I don't belong to any of them. They tend to leave the pictures of me out unless it's just a friend shot or something. I'm not plastered all over the web in a drunken mess on the pavement.

Our wedding was in a few friends' sites, but only the group shots and few of just me and my hubby, but taken down after a few months because well, no one cared.

As far as the countdown and the websites for the couple strictly about their wedding, me nor my husband were fans of those, either. We did things the old fashioned way and kept people posted through the grapevine and word of mouth or by *gasp* a phone...I know, we're really retro, huh... I think that emails sent through the web are idiotic. Computers crash all the time, people spread the word around, people don't read their updates, and things get lost. The mail box was good enough 100 years ago and it's good enough now. I also think it's really tacky to send invites via web.

Weddings in general have just blown up way out of proportion nowadays, media aside. Most weddings nowadays are parody's of themselves...ugh.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Stacy - 02-24-2014, 08:43 PM
[] - Mrs. RaBBit - 02-24-2014, 08:45 PM
[] - Good Night - 02-24-2014 08:53 PM
[] - Perse - 02-24-2014, 09:00 PM
[] - tra la la la la la - 02-24-2014, 09:08 PM