This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FUN QUESTION! What is your opinion on weddings and social media websites?
02-24-2014, 09:00 PM

A lot of people on social media websites are obnoxious, especially when it comes to their wedding and babies. But, I appreciate the opportunity to get to know them better so I can more carefully choose who I spend my time with. That friend who keeps posting pictures of her toddler's poops...not worth my time.

Some people who are very dedicated to their social media sites don't understand that not everyone else is so dedicated. This is part of the reason it is such a poor medium for sending invitations, as some people do not frequently check their pages. Also, not everyone else is so happy to share every intimate detail of their life, every photo, and every location they have been to. You may choose to be an open book, but people need to be respectful of other people's boundaries.

I had been forced into a hideous, skanky out-of-character dress for my sister's wedding and I just felt miserable the whole day. I then was busy moving and had no Internet connection and my niece posted about 200 pictures of me on facebook in this hideous dress, half the pictures where I was blinking or squinting from the sun. I was livid! My niece was young though and just no one had taught her proper online etiquette. I never post pictures of people online without their permission. I will send the picture to them privately and then they can post it if they choose to. Everyone should follow this rule. Since inconsiderate people exist, a bride and groom may unfortunately have to ask friends and family not to post photos online. However, it's unlikely they will listen, and there's nothing you can do about it. Perhaps just having a more intimate wedding in the first place?

I think it's really unfortunate that a couple on their honeymoon has to worry about unflattering pictures making their way online! They should be able to tune out for the week, relax and enjoy and not even think about facebook. I guess social media is relatively new, so maybe the manners will follow someday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Stacy - 02-24-2014, 08:43 PM
[] - Mrs. RaBBit - 02-24-2014, 08:45 PM
[] - Good Night - 02-24-2014, 08:53 PM
[] - Perse - 02-24-2014 09:00 PM
[] - tra la la la la la - 02-24-2014, 09:08 PM