This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is a 35 year age difference too much?
02-24-2014, 10:27 PM

I think you need to ask yourself, why he's attracted to you. Do you have things in common, do you share the same passions etc...
your 22, that's just the start of your adult hood, its exciting, nerve wrecking, and a bundle of emotions.
He's 57, divorced. He's more than half way through his life. He has experienced everything your going to.
Your both at very different stages of your life. Therefore you have to think where that leaves a relationship if you two were going to have one. Would he hold you back from pursuing your ambitions? I don't say that in a mean way but, if you date him you'll be sacrificing a lot of things, mostly your youth. I know you would probably gladly give certain things up e.g. going dancing with all your girlfriends, traveling, and if it gets serious eventually your aged group friends but you have to think about this.
Going head on into something like this and telling your parents you want to make sure that your strong within yourself to stick by that decision.

last thing, ask yourself "why is he dating me?"
your answer will be something like 'we like the same stuff, we enjoy each others company etc etc. From an outsiders point of view: He may very well genuinely like and care about you but hes also more than twice your age and out of a marriage, is he having a mid life crisis ?

good luck
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Amellia - 02-24-2014, 10:09 PM
[] - Rick B - 02-24-2014, 10:12 PM
[] - devonian Rodders - 02-24-2014, 10:15 PM
[] - Crystal - 02-24-2014, 10:24 PM
[] - Ally - 02-24-2014 10:27 PM