This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help with a corn snake set up?
02-26-2014, 04:57 AM
help with a corn snake set up?
Does anyone have a planted snake set up? I was thinking about getting a pacman frog and getting a bunch of neat plants, but when I found out it's bad to handle them too often, I'd rather get something more cuddly, like a corn snake. I still want to do a planted tank though, even though I've never known anyone to do it for snakes. I know they require only a little humidity (25-35%) so I was thinking about doing air plants and other dry habitat, non pokey plants.

Suggestions for other plants that would be good for this?
Also, what would be a good low absorption substrate? Most people I know with snakes use aspen bedding, but I want to use something more aesthetic. The only other substrate I know of is coconut husk and that will absorb way too much water/keep the water way too high for what he needs :/
Also, how do you find out how many watts he needs for a 10gal? (he will be upgraded eventually as he grows to a 20). I was thinking of doing 75watt heat/red bulb and 26watt UVB bc that was the standard watt lolol is that alright? I just don't want to cook him or freeze him Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
help with a corn snake set up? - basket_case - 02-26-2014 04:57 AM
[] - Christopher - 02-26-2014, 05:12 AM