This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it actually possible to get over social anxiety?
03-02-2014, 01:59 AM
Is it actually possible to get over social anxiety?
I'm 23 and have felt like nobody likes me for as long as I can remember. All my life I have been singled out and bullied. People today tell me I am beautiful and smart, but if this is the case why did I stick out enough at school that I would constantly be called ugly and made fun of? I have now developed social anxiety and depression and have had it for about 8 years.

I cannot help but think I am unworthy of love. I compare myself to my favourite actor who I also see as my ideal partner (though of course don't know who he is in reality, he seems to be a kind hearted and talented fellow, also a vegetarian like me). I can't stop thinking that that sort of guy would never like a girl like me.

I am sick of the negative thoughts in my head. People say that positive thinking will work but it's not that easy. I am so jealous of the successful, self-assured, confident people I see around me and in the media. I feel like there is something wrong with me, my friends don't seem to like me.. I only have one or two friends in real life but I feel like they only like me when I'm drunk.

The only times I have been able to enter a relationship is when I have met the person on a night out when drunk.. I rely on alcohol to make me more relaxed and confident.

I feel like I am a shadow of who I used to be. I have been for too many years now, an anxious ball of negative energy. All I do is feel sorry for myself. I really want to be someone else.. I can't relax around people. When I'm around one or more people and I'm having a conversation with them that lasts longer than a couple of minutes, I start getting shaky. I want to be awesome and confident but I feel inadequate and pathetic.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is it actually possible to get over social anxiety? - Just - 03-02-2014 01:59 AM
[] - Mase - 03-02-2014, 02:07 AM
[] - Christian - 03-02-2014, 02:23 AM
[] - Jen - 03-02-2014, 02:29 AM
[] - Vanilla Spice - 03-02-2014, 02:41 AM
[] - taylor - 03-02-2014, 02:50 AM
[] - bubby - 03-02-2014, 02:55 AM