This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Question - Privacy Settings?
03-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Facebook Question - Privacy Settings?
I have about 15 people on my FaceBook that I don't want to see anything I post. They are mainly a group of my family, but they are very nosy people. Anything they can find on a family member they use it against them. Unfortunately they all got angry at me because I wouldn't add them. So I read up on FB's privacy settings and decided I would.

I added all of my family members and a few non-friends that added me, but I put them in a friends list called. "Don't Allow Post" For several months I thought it was working until I came home from college for Christmas. I found out today that all of my posts and my profile are hidden like I wanted, but it still shows up on their news feed:

"James commented on <Enter Person's Name Here's> status" and then proceeds to show them exactly what I said and even allows them to see the entire conversation I had with people they aren't even friends with.

I don't like this at all. The main reason for blocking them with the friends list was so that they would be 100% out of my social life and I could get them family v. social completely separate. Is there any way to block them from viewing my comments and keep them as my friend or do I have to put them on the block list? If I do that, they are all going to b**ch about it and whine until I re-add them. Is there anything I can do?
I have done that. I've went into my privacy settings and customized them to only be viewable to a certain friends list and to be hidden from another friends list. I've tried everything to do this. And yes, I have thought about deleting my FaceBook page, but the problem with that it is my main form of communication with my high school friends in college. Not to mention, I would just have to make another when I start my engineering courses. I'm required to make a FB group for my design project. Are you all sure there is nothing else?
It isn't that I am over anxious about it. I am not posting inappropriate things on statuses and such. I just don't want them in my social life. They see things I've commented about, I get asked about it. They want in my social loop and I don't want it happening. Everyone needs to have a life away from their family. Their family doesn't need to know everything going in a person's life. It was whine if I didn't add them or whine over something I posted. I just need to know how to block them. Nothing else.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Facebook Question - Privacy Settings? - James W - 03-04-2014 09:21 AM
[] - Kevin - 03-04-2014, 09:28 AM
[] - Frieda Baughman - 03-04-2014, 09:41 AM
[] - Doesnt Matter - 03-04-2014, 09:43 AM
[] - kim o,shea - 03-04-2014, 09:51 AM
[] - KooKoo Molookoo - 03-04-2014, 10:06 AM
[] - Radia - 03-04-2014, 10:08 AM