This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friend mad cause I quit Facebook?
03-05-2014, 07:44 AM

Wow, sounds like you need a new friend. Good thing you aren't using Facebook anymore, so you can actually join the rest of us out in the real world and find some true friends.

I have friends and family who have Facebook pages. They've encouraged me to "get on board", but I have never joined. Based on what I have read, it sounds like it is "middle school all over" with people trying to one-up the next person. Why the appeal? I'm not sure, but it definitely causes a lot of drama.

You mention the marketing aspect of Facebook. That is essentially what this form of social media has become. A place for advertisements. Don't know if you heard this, but Facebook is launching a Facebook phone. The primary reason is for advertising. Wow, who would have ever figured that?

As far as suspicious behavior, I'd be curious what types of things your "friend" is posting on Facebook. Some people don't seem to understand how careful one has to be online. And once something is posted online, it is there forever.

Glad you have seen the light.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friend mad cause I quit Facebook? - mike - 03-05-2014, 07:12 AM
[] - M - 03-05-2014, 07:15 AM
[] - Francesco - 03-05-2014, 07:25 AM
[] - Rainman - 03-05-2014, 07:38 AM
[] - Cooper - 03-05-2014 07:44 AM